Monday 16 March 2015

Slap off! Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

Micellar waters are not new to the beauty market, but it was a band wagon I didn't immediately jump on. It took me a long time to get round to it. Bioderma was the holy grail, but until a year or two ago you could only get it if you were passing through France (or could bribe a friend/relative/husband) who was going, but happily other brands like La Roche Posay and Garnier, you can now find them fairly easily on local supermarket shelves, pharmacies and even in Penneys for pretty reasonable prices. I was skeptical... but Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water does work.


Generally I don't wear an awful lot of makeup. But I HATE getting my facecloths manky with mascara during first cleanse. Which is where Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water shines. A micellar water is, in the most basic sense, a dualphase liquid that you don't have to shake to mix. That part has been done for you by the manufacturers who managed to get the super tiny oil particles suspended within the water base. It is these oil particles that help to "dissolve" makeup and "lift" it off your skin and lashes with a bit of soaking. It is elbow-grease without the elbow : no scrubbing/rubbing needed in other words.


This big 400ml bottle (which comes with a flippy top - YAY!) cost me €3 in Penneys and Garnier says it contains 200 uses (provided you can eyeball 2ml between 2 cotton pads), which is about right. I don't use it every day, but when I am wearing makeup I have been reaching for this and my cotton pads before I reach for my actual cleanser.


 I don't like to rub at my eyes, so I soak my eyes one at a time, with a cotton pad soaked in the micellar water for about 30 seconds and then mascara and eyeshadow slides off with very little coaxing. Then I do the other eye. It does give me blurry eyes, but it doesn't sting and the blur goes quickly once I wash my face properly.


Personally I do find this quite greasy and I wouldn't be leaving it on my skin (eh, thanks, but I'll rinse), but as a pre-cleanse - to remove the majority of makeup- this is Ace. It didn't irritate my skin or my daughter's skin (we removed face paint), but I wouldn't use this as my only cleanser. It would do in a pinch, but I would still feel a little icky if I couldn't wash my face properly.


All in all, this does work and I quite like it. The bottle isn't airport travel friendly, you can put it into a smaller bottle, but this will be a bathroom staple for me. I have something else I am taking me instead.

Oooh, I also used this to deep clean my makeup brushes, to help loosen the grime, and it worked a treat! My brushes washed and rinsed easily and came out super clean and my foundation brushes are not stained anymore!

I did see that Garnier have released a Micellar water for oily/combo skins, in a green bottle, and I'd be keen to give it a go and see how it fares...





4 comments:

  1. I have used this and I so love it too. I will def repurchase this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting Emma! Have you tried the green one yet?

      Delete
  2. I love this stuff so much and have gone through so many bottles of it over the months! And it doesn't affect my little delicate eyeballs which is always a bonus. I saw the green one the other day in the shops so must pick it up and give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is still my first bottle Karen... but so far so good. I'm about half way though it and I will get another one when this one runs out... dying to know what the green one is like.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...